Are you feeling led to get more involved with BCAY? Then joining one of our volunteer ministry teams is a great first step! It takes more than just five or six people on a core leadership team to grow an organization; it takes quality people like you getting involved at every level.
We have a motto on our core leadership team: DON’T DO IT ALONE. What does that mean? True leaders lead people. Powerful things happen when people share their skills and collaborate. Our core leaders are waiting to share the vision with you and empower you to make it happen. That’s why we affectionately refer to our volunteer teams as dream teams. You will help make the dreams of the ministry come true.
Jesus was a servant leader and we will be a servant people (Luke 22:24-27). We aspire not only to serve inside the church with excellence, but to minister in the marketplace. This church will produce future problem solvers for the greatest global challenges, thus becoming the salt and light of the world. (Matthew 5:13:16; Matthew 28:18-20)
- Purpose: To equip the BCAY family to follow Christ in servant leadership, thus becoming salt and light in the world
The Hospitality Team
- to create an environment of warmth by welcoming and accepting individuals from any background into the BCAY community
- to make those who come to BCAY feel comfortable as they explore what God means in their lives
- To establish a community where they feel welcomed
Ways to get involved:
You know those delicious donuts you eat on Sunday and that fulfilling juice you consume? Well we handle that and would love to have you join us in preparing BCAY Café.
Do you want a hug?
Our ministry and team loves giving hugs and greeting people. If you love smiling and giving hugs too, join us in the morning as we welcome people to BCAY.
Our ministry has a small level of commitment. We set up every day at 9:00am and are mostly active on Sunday. The only time we have outside meetings is when we have a huge event coming up on a Sunday.
For more information contact our Hospitality Coordinator, Javier Duren at firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of our praise and worship team is to:
- To invoke the presence of God through musical worship
- To lead and involve the congregation in praise, adoration, and thanksgiving
- To create an atmosphere most conducive to hearing from and connecting with God
- Want to get involved? We are always looking for vocalists, musicians (especially horn players) and arrangers of music.
For more information contact our musical directors, Ian at email@example.com, and and Coco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“They’re pretty cool…just join them.” ~ Anonymous member of team, 2011
The purpose of the A/V Team is:
- to fully engage the congregation with every aspect of Sunday service: praise & worship, the message, and announcements
- to oversee the technical setup and breakdown of the sanctuary
- to manage the audio and projector feeds during service
- to launch the “BCAY Presents” monthly news video series (anticipated launch date is November)
- Join the setup team
- Join the “BCAY Presents” team (videographer, actor, or script-writer)
- Become a camera operator
- Become a sound technician
- Setup Team: 9am setup on Sunday mornings (NB: The more members we have, the shorter setup period will be and we can establish a setup rotation);
- “BCAY Presents” Team: 1 hr/mo. for group meeting + additional time to film and edit the news clip
- For more information, contact our AV Captains Sharlayne at email@example.com and David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing and Communications Team
A lot happens at BCAY, and the Communications team is responsible for keeping everyone informed and in the loop. This team coordinates all internal and external communications and marketing efforts.
For more information contact our Communications and Marketing Coordinator, Lyndon at email@example.com
The Finance and Development Ministry
The Finance and Development Ministry is the business department at BCAY. This team manages the collection and deposit of tithes and offerings on Sunday mornings. It is also responsible for keeping up-to-date books, making payments, acting as signatories on authorized checks and officiating finance meetings/reports with Student Staff. Your team will also assist in seeking fundraising methods to increase church funds.
For more information contact our Finance and Development Coordinator David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus fellowships are a great way to stay plugged into Christian community during the week, apart from Sunday service. Below are a list of great fellowships to be apart of: